I am being poisoned in my apartment and there's nothing we can do about it.
It started with a smell in the kitchen and we found the stench under the kitchen sink. We have sealed and resealed under there and the smell is still coming through. It's also coming out from behind the refrigerator.
The rental office told rat to get some Lysol or air freshener. The property workers all smoke so they can't detect ANYTHING, so it's pointless to call them about it. The last time we complained about smoke coming through the vents we almost got evicted.
We talked to the neighbors Saturday after I broke down crying because I was feeling so sick. I have a big lump in my chest and I know I have bronchitis now because I know how it feels. Breathing is very painful. My throat burns. My stomach is screwed and I'm having the stomach flu-like symptoms I get when I'm around cigarette smoke. I'm going to get so sick I can't work but staying home is what makes me sick.
They swear they're not smoking in their apt but the place reeks of it as it pours off all their belongings. You can stand in the doorway and pass out because it smells so disgusting. She mentioned Febreezing but they would need the entire place doused in it to kill the smell in all their things. She also said she'd be willing to move to a different apartment on the property if someone would pay to move them.
Since their belongings are saturated with smoke, it is leaching into our place above them. It is all over us now because someone at the doll meetup today SMELLED IT ON ME.
So we have all the ceiling fans on plus the back and front doors open in 40 degree weather to keep me from completely dying in here.
rat is looking for someplace else to move. We can't afford a rent house at $1200 a month. We currently live in a place with gobs of closet space and other places have only 1/8th of the closet space.
So tomorrow we're going to the office first thing and see what we can do to get her moved. If there's not a place for her to move, maybe a place for us. However, the empty apartment next door to us is attached to the apartment on the end where I smelled smoke coming out of their window and we smelled the smoke up in the attic vents outside. So there's a chance we're being poisoned from the top and the bottom.
If we can't get her moved, I have no idea what we're going to do.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*